Cullen Park

1929 – Willow Beach amusement Park opened in the summer

1949 – Willow beach Closed and was dismantled

1954 – March 24th -City of Toledo Buys Willow Beach Property 13-15 acres for $50,000

1954 – June 28th- City Council Named area “Cullen Park” in honor of Edward D. Cullen

1957 – October 12th – Announcement that Park will be made into a marina

1958 – July 15th – Park may be ready this year

1960 – May 24th – Pact between the City and the Port Authority agrees

                to make a contract to construct a marina

1961 – July 10th Opening date slated and Fees set

1961 – July 19th Dedication set

1961 – July 20th Marina Dedicated (ramp fee $1)

1987 – $330,00 is secured to upgrade, improved boat ramps and dredge channel

              ($220,000 State and $110,000 Toledo)

1987 – Re-dedication of Park, Mayor Donna Owens cuts ribbon (ramp fee $2)

2011 – Channel Dredged, paid for by ODNR grant, 85′ wide and 4-5′ deep

2012 –  Anchor Dedication May 30th, with the entire Socie family

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *